AutoChem II 2920 Operator Training
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the
AutoChem II for surface area and porosity analysis.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to identify and power up the system, including installation of the operating
- Be able to properly weigh the sample tube with and without sample, determine
sample amount required and properly load a sample into the Instrument.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of chemisorption and the basic operation of a
dynamic (flowing gas) analysis system.
- Be able to use the computer and operational software to perform an analysis on a
- Be able to properly configure a report format, overlay sample data, and obtain
analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to make all user level repairs, adjustments and checks, and locate
equipment problems using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.
NEEDS AND RESOURCES:
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Have some minimal exposure to an AutoChem II in a laboratory environment.
- Have reviewed the Operator’s manual.
The following provided materials will help you successfully complete this course:
- Laboratory Practical Exercise Guide with Lecture Presentations
- Notepad, Pen and Highlighter
- Micromeritics Thumb Drive
Additional Print Resources
The following publications will also be provided:
- Webb, Paul A. and Clyde Orr. Analytical Methods in Fine Particle Technology. Norcross, Georgia,
U.S.A.: Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, 1997.
- Related Application Notes and Technical Tips.